Applications & Forms
WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?
- If you are interested in possibly moving into North Brunswick Senior Housing, the first thing you should do is determine if you exceed the maximum annual income permitted to qualify for residency.
As of April 1, 2016, the maximum annual income for a single person who is living alone is $44,100. The maximum annual income for a two person household is $50,400.
- If you do not exceed the maximum permitted income, the next thing to do is to determine if you earn enough income to qualify for occupancy on your own, or if you will be required to have a co-signor sign the lease along with you as guarantor. All applicants with an annual income that does not equal or exceed our minimum required income are required to have a guarantor on the lease.
If your income falls below $17,100 for an A unit or $20,060 for a B unit, you will be required to have a co-signor. If you do require a co-signor, your co-signor will have to complete a Co-Signor Application which is to be submitted along with your Residency Application. At a later time, your co-signor will have to provide required documentation of income such as a recent tax return and pay stub. A co-signor must also own a home in New Jersey in order to qualify to be your co-signor.
If you will need a co-signor, you should contact the party who you believe will be signing the application as your co-signor. Provide them with information on North Brunswick Senior Housing and get a commitment from them that they will be your co-signor.
- If you are prepared to submit a Residency Application, and the Co-signor Application if required, you can download these applications from this site, or you can call and request that applications be mailed to you. Please call 732-296-7122 and speak to Jeanne or Irma. Fill out the appropriate application with all relevant information. You are NOT required to submit required support documentation at this time. You will be asked for support documentation at a later time. If you have any questions while completing the application, Jeanne or Irma will be glad to help you.
Applications can be submitted by mail or in person to North Brunswick Senior Housing, 740 Hermann Road, North Brunswick, NJ 08902.
- You will receive a confirmation notice acknowledging receipt of your application. This notice will also provide an indication of whether an apartment is immediately available, or is not anticipated to be available for several months.
- As we get closer to your application on our waiting list, you will be contacted to bring in all supporting documentation such as tax returns, pay stubs, current bank statements, social security letter, etc. Support documentation is also required from your co-signor. Along with the support documentation, you will need to attach a check made payable to PRC Management Co., Inc. for the credit processing fee for the applicant and the co-signor, if necessary. The credit processing fee is $15 for an individual applicant who will be living alone and $25 for a couple. The credit processing fee for the co-signor is $15. These are non-refundable fees.
- If your financial information looks good, the management company will schedule a meeting to interview you in order to determine if the applicant appears able to live independently.
If the applicant lives out of state and cannot get to North Brunswick for the required interview, the management company will conduct a telephone interview and/or on-line interview as deemed necessary in order to determine if the applicant can live independently.
- Once you have been approved and assigned an apartment and a move-in date, you will be required to submit a non-refundable deposit of $400. This deposit will be applied to your required 1 ½ month security deposit when you move in.